Wingman LMS is a trade marketing communications platform that makes learning actionable––extending into the point-of-sale, creating peer-to-peer and peer-to-producer engagement. For Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates, Campari, and many other producers, it delivered a “reserve standards” training experience that was enthusiastically embraced by sales people and their managers. We also gathered feedback from users to improve the way we shared knowledge, taking into account learning styles, market needs, selling experience, time management and best practices for digital learning.
Learning methods have evolved over the last decade, as mobile learning and distance collaboration become a fundamental part of the experience. Users lean on smartphones for “me” learning and sales opportunities, while turning to tablets and laptops for “we” learning opportunities. Embracing the 70:20:10 model within this digital economy has enhanced learning engagement and developed active learning communities. Wingman enables these training options:
- Training modules: 6-8 minutes, 3-5 reasons to believe
- Webinars: SMEs, ambassadors, live or prerecorded
- User generated “best practice” videos and demonstrations
- Latest trends news briefs produced by producers
- Blog and article publishing: social sharing, trade, or distributor content
- Commenting, “liking,” sharing all touchpoints
- “Ask us” Q&A or chatbox for timely engagement
- Sales excellence recognition programs: video or blog-driven
- Interactive tools: spheres of influence, growing regions, production
- Gamification or points systems recognition
- Train-the-trainer field activities––Groove can provide the trainer
Wingman enables all of these formats for learning and sharing––and our clients have deployed all of them over the years across their learning platforms. By focusing on the 70:20:10 learning methodology, and making our learning actionable in the market, Astound Commerce has transformed how wine and spirits brands are taken to market.