1. Data Cloud for Commerce. Drive hyper-personalized commerce experiences with a unified profile built from a massively scalable first-party data set (customer data platform, or CDP). This feature boasts automated data mapping covering product, order, and fulfillment data, as well as customer data from both online and in-store data sources. Data Cloud for Commerce will be generally available over the next three Salesforce releases.
Astound’s Take: The acceleration of data intake is great, but we’re especially excited about the prescriptive segment enrichment this connector uses as a starting point. Enrich segments with abandoned cart, behavioral, and promotional data in Data Cloud.
2. Einstein GPT for Commerce. Maximize revenue with three features unveiled under the Einstein GPT for Commerce umbrella. These features are all supported by B2B Commerce and D2C Commerce.
- Einstein GPT Product Descriptions: Create engaging, personalized, SEO-enhanced product descriptions.
- Einstein GPT Promotions: Smart creation of various promotion types, improving productivity 12x.
- Einstein GPT Commerce Concierge: Enable shoppers to engage and get support in their favorite digital channels, including WhatsApp and Apple Business Chat.
Generally available: June 2023
Astound’s Take: These are exciting innovations built on Einstein GPT; we hope they’ll come to the B2C Commerce platform soon.
3. Embedded commerce apps for CRM. These features are exciting, as they will turn every CRM engagement into a potential commerce transaction.
- Reorder Portal: Level up Sales Cloud with a lightweight reorder function built on B2B Commerce.
- Order Support: Give agents a 360-degree view of customer orders while enabling them to efficiently cancel, return, re-ship, and more.
- Pay Now: Send a payment link from Service, Marketing, or any object within Salesforce.
Generally available: June 2023
Astound’s Take: Highly relevant to the many customers who are on Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud but haven’t yet taken the jump into Commerce Cloud. These features allow them to dip their toes into transaction automation and reap the benefits of Commerce Cloud in a small, iterative fashion without paying for the full B2B and Order Management licenses.
4. Composable Commerce and hybrid templates. Accelerate the ROI of headless with a hybrid implementation approach, reducing risk and speeding time to value. Salesforce announced a number of upgrades related to its Composable Storefront package, including further-enhanced Page Designer support and version 3.0 of the PWA Kit, promising technical improvements and increased developer efficiency.
Generally available: Now
Astound’s Take: Our Launch360 accelerator can help you go composable fast, and now we can implement it in phases, one template at a time.
5. Social Commerce. Meet and engage with your customers where they are. Salesforce’s Social Commerce innovations will allow brands to drive sales and loyalty with integrated solutions in TikTok, Snapchat, Google, and Instagram.
Generally available: The Social Commerce integration for Google is available now. TikTok and Snapchat are currently in beta. The Instagram Shops integration is expected to enter beta in Q4 of this year.
Astound’s Take: We know the TikTok integration has been in the works for a while, but given the political concerns surrounding the China-backed platform, it makes sense for Salesforce to add other channels, including Snapchat and Instagram. It’s exciting to see innovations leading to direct sales growth for our shared customers.
Ready to power commerce everywhere with AI, data, and CRM on Commerce Cloud? Get in touch today with our Salesforce-certified experts to learn more.