12 Aug 2019
Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a high-performance project driven PHP development team with strong focus on recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring and performance management of engineering resources. You must have a proven track record of success, leading development teams with a strong sense of personal leadership, team mentorship, and collaboration. This job requires strong technical, collaboration and communication skills to provide leadership and expertise on all aspects of personnel and team management, ensuring the success of you and your team’s efforts. In order to effectively lead this team you should have strong communication and motivation skills, expertise with various software development lifecycle methodologies, and extensive experience and knowledge of development techniques.
- Be responsible for resource allocation to ensure engineers with the right skill sets are assigned to appropriate client projects while ensuring adequate project staffing;
- Track and report on resource utilization identifying any resource imbalances and meeting team’s billable utilization goals;
- Lead team-building efforts and, where applicable, facilitate cross functional team-building to cultivate collaboration and cooperation between functional groups;
- Lead and grow the technology organization, building a highly professional and motivated group;
- Create a solution-oriented and thinking culture in engineering;
- Manage and mentor all members of the engineering team;
- Provide leadership on internal projects, guiding and directing resources, facilitating cross-departmental collaboration, and ensuring delivery of results;
- Collaborate with other engineering managers to ensure consistency and alignment between engineering groups;
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and refining software development life cycle processes for the delivery of multiple and concurrent customer projects;
- Collaborate with project and account managers to prioritize customer deliverables and to deliver projects on time, on budget, while meeting/exceeding customer expectations;
- Put in place sound processes for the engineering team, creating an organization that builds high-performing solutions in a timely and repeatable manner;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing (e.g., conducting internal training and writing Knowledgebase articles) and other internal communication forums.
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience;
- No less than 3-5 years of development team managing experience (10+ team members);
- Significant experience with managing medium-to-large software development projects utilizing a variety of project management methodologies like Agile/Scrum, RUP, PMBOK or Waterfall;
- Must be an independent, self-motivated leader who is able to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
- Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English communication skills;
- Experience with interviewing and onboarding of developers;
- Experience in managing geographically distributed teams;
- Impeccable leadership, organizational, analytical and time management skills;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by writing process documents and effective intra- and inter-group communications.
Good to have
- Experience in development or managing/leading ecommerce solutions;
- Solid knowledge of web technologies;
- Working and managing within a small company and/or growth environment;
- PMP or CSM certification.
- Knowledgebase of the world’s largest ecommerce delivery team;
- Trainings and certifications;
- A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
- Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
- Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
- A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
- Possible international on-site visits;
- Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.
- Check open positions and find a position you are interested in;
- Apply on the site or to email@example.com
- Talk to your personal recruiter in Astound Commerce;
- HR interview;
- Prove your technical skills at technical interview or testing;
- Final interview with Hiring Managers and discuss expectations and offer.
Who we are and what we do
Astound Commerce, the world’s largest privately held digital commerce agency, combines strategy, technology, creativity, insight and a proven methodology to deliver exceptional digital shopping experiences. Through a forward-thinking, results-driven approach, Astound Commerce serves leading global brands such as Adidas, L’Oreal, Under Armour, Jimmy Choo, Lacoste and Versace. Founded in San Francisco in 2000, the passionate team of some 700 dedicated, diverse industry and technology experts has decades of ecommerce experience and more than 400 implementations under their belt to address the complex challenges, advancing technologies and unique needs of global markets. To learn more, visit astoundcommerce.com
Be the change.
for this job
Know a person that fits?
Share with friends