IT Infrastructure Manager
05 Nov 2018
The Company has been experiencing explosive growth and is on the path to continue growing at a rapid pace. We are seeking a pragmatic infrastructure manager with solid experience serving and collaborating with diverse international group of internal clients.
Manager, IT infrastructure, together with his team, will be responsible for supporting and expanding global internal networking and application infrastructure, used by Astound’s team and customers worldwide. You will collaboratively work with other departments and Business Units to define and implement their needs based on strategic objective established by Astound’s Managing Board. You must have a proven track record of success, leading IT infrastructure teams with a strong sense of personal leadership, team mentorship, and collaboration. This job requires strong technical, collaboration and communication skills to provide leadership and expertise on all aspects of personnel and team management, ensuring the success of you and your team’s efforts. In order to effectively lead this team you should have strong communication and motivation skills, expertise with various software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Engage peers, stakeholders and reporting teams, gaining trust and influence through effective communication, active listening, and the capability to work effectively in a very unique culture and matrix-oriented environment. Treat other departments and Business Units as your customers;
- Lead and collaborate with your team and teams in other departments and Business Units to create global policy documents related to global and local infrastructure needs;
- Contribute to the development of best practices and in leading specific aspects of IT governance as well as to other cross-cutting initiatives that involve improving performance, better internal and external communications, and developing strategies and services across all application and systems management;
- Establish and maintain a corporate-wide information security management program to ensure information assets are adequately protected;
- Develop, maintain, and publish up-to-date information security policies, standards, and guidelines. Oversee the approval, training, and dissemination of security policies and practices;
- Develop, maintain, and oversee the effective disaster recovery planning, policies, and standards to align with enterprise business continuity management program goals. Oversee and coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a disaster or security event. Provide direction, support, and internal consulting in these areas;
- Develop and maintain service oriented culture in the team;
- Ensure the adherence to organizationally defined technical practices and procedures;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing (e.g., conducting internal training and writing knowledgebase articles) and other internal communication forums.
- Minimum seven years of IT industry experience;
- Three plus years of IT manager experience (10+ team members);
- Significant experience with managing medium-to-large IT implementation projects utilizing a variety of project management methodologies like Agile/Scrum, RUP, PMBOK or Waterfall;
- Must be an independent, self-motivated leader who is able to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
- Fluent spoken and written English communication skills;
- Experience with interviewing, onboarding and coaching of personnel;
- Experience in managing geographically distributed teams a plus;
- Impeccable leadership, organizational, analytical and time management skills;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by writing process documents and effective intra- and inter-group communications.
- Knowledgebase of the world’s largest ecommerce delivery team;
- Trainings and certifications;
- A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
- Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
- Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
- A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
- Possible international on-site visits;
- Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.
- Check open positions and find a position you are interested in;
- Apply on the site or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to your personal recruiter in Astound Commerce;
- HR interview;
- Prove your technical skills at technical interview or testing;
- Final interview with Hiring Managers and discuss expectations and offer.
Who we are and what we do
Astound Commerce, the world’s largest privately held digital commerce agency, combines strategy, technology, creativity, insight and a proven methodology to deliver exceptional digital shopping experiences. Through a forward-thinking, results-driven approach, Astound Commerce serves leading global brands such as Adidas, L’Oreal, Under Armour, Jimmy Choo, Lacoste and Versace. Founded in San Francisco in 2000, the passionate team of some 700 dedicated, diverse industry and technology experts has decades of ecommerce experience and more than 400 implementations under their belt to address the complex challenges, advancing technologies and unique needs of global markets. To learn more, visit astoundcommerce.com
Be the change.
for this job
Know a person that fits?
Share with friends