Senior Frontend Developer
20 Nov 2017
Kyiv, Uzhhorod, Vinnytsia, Košice, Varna, Chernihiv
The Senior Frontend Developer will be part of a high-performance feature driven development team responsible for building complex ecommerce solutions. You must have a proven track record of solving tough business and technical problems while taking responsibility for meeting business objectives with a strong sense of product ownership. This job requires strong technical, collaboration and communication skills to provide guidance and expertise throughout the entire software development lifecycle, ensuring the success of you and your team’s efforts. You should have strong communication and mentoring skills, expertise with software development lifecycle methodologies, extensive experience and knowledge of web and frontend development techniques.
- Participate in identifying and managing development-related risks on assigned projects;
- Work with Development Lead and project leads in understanding business needs, defining technical issues, and proposing solutions;
- Help ensure frontend development team’s compliance to all outlined processes and procedures;
- Analyze business and technical specifications/requirements and develop enterprise-level ecommerce solutions;
- Work in collaboration with Graphic Designers & UX Designers to turn their vision into functional HTML templates;
- Work with web development team to ensure proper implementation of website’s functionality;
- Provide inputs for SOW effort estimation and identify development-related risks on assigned projects;
- Provide the best technical solutions for tasks utilizing the best practices and design patterns;
- Support and help frontend developers come up with the best technical solutions;
- Provide recommendations to Development Lead and functional managers on ways to improve processes, systems, tools and role definitions based on program or project-specific experience;
- Drive training standards for frontend developers through collaboration with functional managers;
- Actively contribute or drive continuous improvements to development methodology and underlying processes;
- Conduct on-boarding and coaching of new frontend developers;
- Help with managing on assigned project through making suggestions for design, development and QA processes;
- Actively participate in team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project and practice issues.
- 4+ year of frontend development;
- Expert level hand-coding in CSS and HTML (including HTML5, CSS3);
- Experience with frontend grid systems;
- Experience with preprocessors (LESS, Sass, etc.);
- Experience with task runners (Grunt, Gulp, etc.);
- Solid knowledge of accessibility, SEO and UX aspects of frontend development;
- Strong knowledge with client-side code performance optimization, debugging and debugging tools (Firebug, etc.);
- Experience with responsive web design approach and / or and mobile solutions;
- Good understanding of cross-browser/platform issues;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Should know and follow SDLC and engineering processes;
- Must be an independent, self-motivated team player that is meticulous and methodical in creating solutions;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
- Intermediate spoken and written English communication skills;
- Analytical and time management skills.
Good to have
- Personal portfolio of completed projects/products or link to GitHub/CodePen/JSFiddle/StackOverflow etc. accounts;
- Experience with on-boarding and coaching of frontend developers;
- Experience with CMS;
- Experience with Agile approach (Scrum including);
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams;
- Experience developing multiple ecommerce solutions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by writing clear technical specifications, documentation of knowledge, and effective intra- and inter-group communications.
- Knowledgebase of the world’s largest ecommerce delivery team;
- Trainings and certifications;
- A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
- Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
- Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
- A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
- Possible international on-site visits;
- Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.
- Check open positions and find a position you are interested in;
- Apply on the site or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to your personal recruiter in Astound Commerce;
- HR interview;
- Prove your technical skills at technical interview or testing;
- Final interview with Hiring Managers and discuss expectations and offer.
Who we are and what we do
Astound Commerce, the world’s largest privately held digital commerce agency, combines strategy, technology, creativity, insight and a proven methodology to deliver exceptional digital shopping experiences. Through a forward-thinking, results-driven approach, Astound Commerce serves leading global brands such as Adidas, L’Oreal, Under Armour, Jimmy Choo, Lacoste and Versace. Founded in San Francisco in 2000, the passionate team of some 700 dedicated, diverse industry and technology experts has decades of ecommerce experience and more than 400 implementations under their belt to address the complex challenges, advancing technologies and unique needs of global markets. To learn more, visit astoundcommerce.com
Be the change.
for this job
Know a person that fits?
Share with friends