Senior Software Engineer
05 Nov 2018
Chernihiv, Kyiv, Medellin, Uzhhorod, Vinnytsia
We are looking for new Senior members of the platform engineering team responsible for the creation and ongoing development of Fluid Configure, which is the leading online product configuration platform that features the administration of complex product configurations, photorealistic product imagery, and user friendly frontends.
- Participate in our Scrum workflow including pair programming; code reviews; daily standups; Jira task management; demo, retro, and planning meetings;
- Collaboratively solve problems with product managers, clients, designers, and other engineers;
- Write maintainable and performant code in languages like Node.js, React, and Java;
Write code that interacts with API’s like AWS, Facebook Messenger, and 3d renderers;
- Thoroughly unit test your work in conjunction with our CI/CD process;
- Clearly document your work via inline comments as well as wiki guides;
- Run server code in Docker and deploy it to Kubernetes;
- Run client code in browsers, chatbots, or voice frontends;
- Support existing customers;
- Maintain production environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent;
- Communication skills, including reading and writing in English;
- Familiarity with POSIX environments like Linux, and the command line;
- Ability to quickly, independently, and enjoyably learn new technologies.
- Knowledgebase of the world’s largest ecommerce delivery team;
- Trainings and certifications;
- A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
- Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
- Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
- A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
- Possible international on-site visits;
- Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.
- Check open positions and find a position you are interested in;
- Apply on the site or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to your personal recruiter in Astound Commerce;
- HR interview;
- Prove your technical skills at technical interview or testing;
- Final interview with Hiring Managers and discuss expectations and offer.
Who we are and what we do
Astound Commerce, the world’s largest privately held digital commerce agency, combines strategy, technology, creativity, insight and a proven methodology to deliver exceptional digital shopping experiences. Through a forward-thinking, results-driven approach, Astound Commerce serves leading global brands such as Adidas, L’Oreal, Under Armour, Jimmy Choo, Lacoste and Versace. Founded in San Francisco in 2000, the passionate team of some 700 dedicated, diverse industry and technology experts has decades of ecommerce experience and more than 400 implementations under their belt to address the complex challenges, advancing technologies and unique needs of global markets. To learn more, visit astoundcommerce.com
Be the change.
for this job
Know a person that fits?
Share with friends